Have you ever wanted to use your Signal Stick on a vehicle? Now you can!
Our new BNC magnetic mount has been testing to have excellent SWR on both bands with the Dual Band Signal Sticks; slap it on top of your vehicle and plug the other end into the BNC adapter on your radio and you’re ready to operate mobile!
- 2.8 inch (73mm) diameter base
- BNC-Female connection on the mount
- High quality 16 foot (5m) RG-58 coax with BNC male connector
- Protective coating on the bottom to help protect the paint on your vehicle.
A few things to note:
- Most BNC antennas should work with this, but some may not work as well — putting an HT antenna on a mobile mount changes the SWR. Additionally, some BNC antennas may have enough wind resistance to need a larger base than this. Signal Sticks seem to work pretty well, though!
- Any magnetic mount will damage the paint on your vehicle over time — we recommend not leaving it on the vehicle all the time.
- Signal Sticks become limp at low temperatures (<40 degrees F); while that’s often not a problem on an HT on a vehicle it may well cause it to bend enough to interfere with performance.
SWR chart for the BNC Dual Band Super-Elastic Signal Stick on this mount: