Have you ever wanted to use your Signal Stick on a vehicle? Now you can!
Our new BNC magnetic mount has been testing to have excellent SWR on both bands with the Dual Band Signal Sticks; slap it on top of your vehicle and plug the other end into the BNC adapter on your radio and you’re ready to operate mobile!
- 2.9 inch (74mm) diameter base. 1.4 inch (35mm) tall without an antenna, for storage.
- BNC-Female connection on the mount
- High quality 16 foot (5m) RG-58 coax with BNC male connector
- Protective coating on the bottom to help protect the paint on your vehicle.
A few things to note:
- Most BNC antennas should work with this, but some may not work as well — putting an HT antenna on a mobile mount changes the SWR. Additionally, some BNC antennas may have enough wind resistance to need a larger base than this. Signal Sticks seem to work pretty well, though!
- Any magnetic mount will damage the paint on your vehicle over time — we recommend not leaving it on the vehicle all the time. You may be able to mitigate this by putting down some kind of protective sticker under the spot you want to put the mount, but that’s above our pay grade around here….
- Signal Sticks become limp at low temperatures (<40 degrees F); while that’s often not a problem on an HT on a vehicle it may well cause it to bend enough to interfere with performance.
SWR chart for the BNC Dual Band Super-Elastic Signal Stick on this mount: