The dual band Signal Staff might just be the best antenna for a portable go kit; though fully assembled this antenna is about 60 inches tall, it collapses to fit easily in a small bag with the longest piece only 11.5″ long! Pair with a simple foldable camera tripod and you have an antenna you can carry around with you wherever you want to go which can handle as much power as you want to push into it!
- SWR as low as 1.06:1 on 146MHz
- SWR as low as 1.37:1 on 440Mhz
- This antenna can easily handle 500 watts — we haven’t pushed the limit to see what the max power capacity is, but suffice it to say you aren’t likely to hit it.
- Collapses to a super portable 6″ x 12″ x 3″ (maybe smaller), weighs only 2 lbs (900 grams).
- SO-239 connector (UHF female)
- Designed by real hams, made in the USA